Basic Salary + Commission
My client in the tourism industry requires the skills of a German Site Guide to join their team. The role of the German Guide is to deliver excellent, unforgettable tourist experiences in the form of guided tours in German as well as English when needed. This may require long hours and working on public holidays/weekend. General assistance within the department regarding cleaning and other ad hoc duties will also form part of daily routine.
- Superior levels of service delivery & high levels of client satisfaction
- Conduct prescribed and impromptu tours
- Request clients to complete tour survey
- Provide feedback to the Marketing Manager with regards to client requests and/or issues.
- Assisting tourists with information on memberships, adoptions, VIP Tours and our volunteer program
- Ensure a safe and pleasurable tourist environment through daily duties and checking of tour routes, sound, equipment etc.
- Grade 12
- Fully Bilingual (English & German, Afrikaans will also be beneficial) – Clear and easy communication is vital
- Excellent command of the German language
- Must be able to work well in a team environment as well as individually
- Punctual, patient, reliable, mindful and precise/accurate
- Well presented & well-spoken – excellent people skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Contactable at all times in the event of an emergency
- Ability to work in a multicultural surrounding
- Work weekends and public holidays
- Own reliable transport
- Valid driver’s license (Code EB or higher will be advantageous)
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org